- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion – Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper – Finely Chopped (remove seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons Masa Harina or Corn Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 6 Dried Apricots – Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Yellow Salad Mustard
- 1 15 Ounce Can of Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 to 1 ½ Cups of Water (filtered of course)
- 1 Cup Heartline Meatless “Meat” – Ground Beef Style (use Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) from your local health food store – same for below)
- ¼ Cup Heartline Meatless “Meat” – Beef Filet Style
- ½ Cup of Beer
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- Chili Powder – season for taste
- Heat Oil in Large Cast Iron Skillet.
- Add Onions and Jalapeno Pepper and Cook until Onion is Transparent.
- Add Chili Powder, Masa Harina, Paprika, Cumin Powder, Oregano and Cayenne Pepper.
- Stir until Seasonings are Slightly toasted. Then Stir in Apricots, Garlic, Brown Sugar, Mustard, Tomato Sauce, Water, Meatless “Meat”, Beer (yeah) and tomato paste.
- Cook over Medium Heat for 15 to 20 Minutes. Stir Often. Cover and Simmer over Medium Heat for 30 Minutes to combine flavors.
Makes 1 Quart of Chili